NITDA Post Graduate Scholarships Scheme for Nigerian ICT Students
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), has since 2010 established a Scholarship Scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) Degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigerian (Government and Private) Universities. The scholarship scheme aims at promoting proficiency in Information Technology at Doctorate and Masters level.
The Scholarships are targeted at 2 persons per State of the Federal on including the FCT at masters’ level and 1 person per geo-political zone of the country at doctorate level. This will enhance human capacity building in core areas of Information Technology across Nigeria.
This scholarship scheme only applies to candidates willing to study in any of the higher institutions either federal, state or private universities in Nigeria. i.e. this scholarship scheme does not apply to foreign universities. And this opportunity is strictly for fields of study related to ICT
- PhD: Only University and Polytechnic Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
- Masters: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, (BSc) in Information Technology related field yet to benefit from this scheme.
The Masters programme will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
- The Agency opens the portal (scholarship.nitda.gov.ng) for application, which is currently open runs for 6 weeks
- Qualified applicants are shortlisted to write an aptitude test and contacted via email and SMS.
- Successful applicants strictly on merit are notified through email and SMS.
- Verification of original certificates and oral interview of successful applicants.
- Release of award letters to successful candidates.
- The sponsorship for the Masters programme will run for one year and the Doctorate programme for three years.
Scholarship benefits includes full tuition fee waiver and other expenses paid. And it is evenly distributed between the six geo-political zones for the PhD, 36 States and FCT for MSc.
Scholarships application is currently open, closes on the 21st November, 2019.