How to Check Admission Status Using JAMB CAPS System
CAPS is Central Admission Processing System recently introduced by JAMB. Therefore, to check you admission status on JAMB’s CAPS portal, simply follow the instructions below.
You can either use a desktop, or your smart phones using a reliable browser especially google chrome. Visit the JAMB CAPS admission checking portal. Immediately the portal will open as shown below
Use JAMB CAPS System To Check Admission Status
- Visit the jamb caps admission checking portal using this link http://caps.jamb.gov.ng
- Login with the credentials (email and password) you created your jamb account with.
- You’ll see CAPS Login option in the Jamb menu. Click on it and you’ll be taken to the CAPS page.
- Better still, scroll to check DE/UTME admission status while you are logged in to your Jamb profile.
- The page will show ‘welcome’, for a mobile device just click on options tab at the top right corner (4 parallel horizontal lines) on your mobile’s browser and change the view of the page to ‘desktop view’.
- You’ll see options listed at the left-hand side. Click on ‘Admission Status’.
- Your details including Jamb score, institution, date of birth, etc will appear when you have successfully logged in to Jamb caps portal.
- If you’ve been admitted, you can either ‘Accept admission’ or ‘Reject admission’. If the institution and course space are blank or you have not been offered admission then don’t click on accept admission. Just keep checking back.
Once you accept the admission offered you then your admission door is closed for that year.
Option 2 Way to Check Jamb Admission Status on CAPS:
- Visit Jamb admission status checker clicking the link here Jamb.org.ng/efacility./
- Login to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- If you successfully log in, your Jamb candidate dashboard (Home) will appear.
- Scroll down and click on the Check Admission Status menu.
- Click on access my caps.
- The page will show welcome, go ahead to change it to dexktop view as instructed preciously.
- Click on admission status.
- If you are admitted, go ahead to accept admission and print your Jamb admission letter.
- If it says No admission given yet, check back again as other batches of admission list will be released.
If you have been offered an admission, your portal will read, ‘admitted’ and you’re to accept the offer of admission, You’re not expected to accept until you’ve been offered admission
If your portal reads ‘recommended’, it means a candidate is opened to other institutions
You’re not expected to accept If your portal reads ‘not admitted’.
If your portal read ‘admission in progress, check back later’. Once you accept an admission offer, it cannot be reverted.
If your admission status or other details is blank or shows ‘–‘, don’t worry. Jamb is still uploading the details, so just keep checking.
If your Jamb portal reads ‘approved’, it means Jamb has approved your admission and you have been admitted.